Monday 3 May 2010

A Lazy Weekend, with nothing to to but knit...

Despite my hopes, it rained almost all weekend. This is not something to be too sad about. When it rains here it truely pours, to the extent that you just want to open all the window to hear and smell it to the fullest. It always comes down really straight too, so it's good to grab a book and sit on the balcony, you don't get wet, but you feel like you're sitting in a thunderstorm.

And books were all I had this weekend as the power kept going on and off and on and off, and my laptop wasn't charged. I woke up on Saturday morning with the mother of all hangovers, all the makings of a fry up in the fridge and no electricity to cook it with!

The heavy rain meant that my plan to go to the National Museum of Uganda had to be abandoned, but I'm sure I'll get to go some other weekend.

I was however able to complete some knitting for my lovely nephew. A 4-ply jumper in age 1-2 from a knitting book that my dad picked up in charity shop. And, in a happy coincidence, the pattern was called "Freddie".

I went for a little "F" in the middle rather than the snowflake on the pattern, but I still think it's pretty cute. I think I'll probably give it to him for christmas (yes I know, VERY EARLY), so if you see him, please don't spill the beans! I wanted to upload a picture, but the picture uploader thingy isn't working!

I've just started another little project for a new arrival that came on Saturday... It's knitting up fast as it's in double knit - I'll never go back to 4-ply!

1 comment:

  1. i promise i wont tell him!! he misses you loads....3 months 2day!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete