Sunday 30 May 2010

Finish Him!!

...Like Mortal Combat huh??? This post is all about finished things!

1. Cardigan

Wahoo! I finished the cardi' that I posted about a couple of weeks ago! It's so cute! It's for my friend Kat's little angel, Esther. It's 3-6mts but it's knit up quite big. It has a very exciting moss slip stitch on the collar and cuffs that I just learnt.

2. The Last King of Scotland

I finished the book today! FINALLY!! It was VERY different from the film. Whereas the film ends during the siege in Entebbe, the book explores the what happened afterwards and the war with Tanzania. I really enjoyed it, but it's not a clear "the book was much better than the film" situation. Plotlines for the film were clearly rewritten and the film was heavily sensationalised, but if it makes a more exciting story... why not?? I would recommend looking into both.

3. My career as a volleyball player

This stems from an incident that happened yesterday. We went to the beach in Entebbe (not a sea beach, a lake beach, silly! what were you thinking??) and we were a swimming area that you had to pay UGX2000 to enter, so there was a big fence all the way round. Some boys were playing volleyball on the beach outside of the fenced area. Everyone was asleep or listening to music, when the boys accidentally knocked the ball over the fence, and so I was the only one to hear their calls to throw it back.

I got up and picked up the ball. As I did so, the fence suddenly got alot taller. I was worried that I was about to embarrass myself... infact I was pretty sure I was about to embarrass myself. It even crossed my mind to wake up one of my friends to throw it over...

I did my biggest, hardest throw and it looked like it was going to make it, but at the peak of it's flight, some kind of terrible gust of wind caused the volleyball to plummet suddenly and impale itself on the top of one of the fence posts. It burst!

Sadly, the disgruntled shouts of the volleyball players woke up my friends, who all fell about laughing (at, not with me) and everyone was sorry that they hadn't seen the incident!

No comments:

Post a Comment