Monday 17 May 2010

Hopping Mad!

Another lazy weekend! I'm getting used to these! I spent some time finishing and blocking my knitting. I'm sewing it up now. I showed it to Neale on the webcam the other day and he said "isn't it blue? I thought it was for a girl?!". So I would like to take this opportunity to stay that this is in fact MINT and not blue. A perfectly girly colour... and there is a pink trim! so there!

So anyway, here's the state last night, and I hope to have it finished by the end of this week.
Anyways, I had a free house on Sunday so I had all the girls round from the office and we cooked up some roasted tandoori chicken and some other excellent treats. Then I introduced them to the world of Twilight. I'm happy to say that the film truly does transcend and they enjoyed every moment... New Moon next!!
Here's a picture of the food, it's not too exciting, but it was delicious.
I'm just about coming to terms with the strength of the sun here. I got BADLY sunburn a couple of weeks ago and I have FINALLY, just about, almost stopped peeling. Here are my knees at the weekend at the height of the peeling! Mmmm Yummy!! Pretty gross!
I promise to take better care of myself from now on! This is just not good enough. It's grasshopper season and that all that's on the menu at the moment. I'm desperate to try some... I think tomorrow is the big day... I'll keep you posted. I'll just leave you now with a picture of one that was on my window this morning. Sorry the focus is all out, I need more practise.

No comments:

Post a Comment