Sunday 27 January 2013

The Eight Week Challenge.

Oh crikey!

It's a bit under eight weeks until my birthday. I had planned to go to Egypt but I already have too many nice trips planned this year, and Egypt is a little bit too crazy at the moment. So she will wait... instead we have some other targets to hit.

1. Diplôme d'études en langue française (DELF) Exam B1

This is being held the week of my birthday. Having been originally wanting to sit this in January, I was disappointed when it was held before I arrived back in Tunis. So, this time I cannot miss it. This needs to happen. My teacher thinks I will pass, but every day is full of french victories and defeats and it's the defeats that I tend to remember. Today's victory: getting a replacement LED bulb for a light in my bathroom from a hardware store. Today's defeat: disjointed conversation with taxi-driver about beards and Islam.
I have a book of exercises, I have some determination and I have eight weeks.

2. La Marsa Half-Marathon

Even though I didn't want to do a half Marathon before the Big Daddy in September (as I wanted to be able to tell myself, during the run, that afterwards I would never have to run again) I think this is a must. 
A half marathon will allow me to practice race conditions, routine and most importantly, running nutrition. It's on 24th March. I have eight weeks.
I ran 10km this morning, hungover, for the first time this year. It really hurt. I have a blister on my toe. I think I'm gonna need a charity or something... I'm gonna need some external motivation.

So there it is. Two massive goals. And the big reward is that a week after the exam and the race, my Mummy and Daddy are coming to Tunisia, with a suitcase of Easter Eggs, all for me.

Oh, this looks so sad with no pictures, here are some unrelated ones, from the shopping centre near my house, that I took today.



Yep, still got the Christmas Decorations up... tsk tsk!

No comments:

Post a Comment