Monday 30 August 2010

Horse Riding at Munyonyo Speke Resort

My Goodness! I just participated in the laziest weekend of all time! I went out with Lara & Steve (only been in K'la 2 weeks!) on Friday, and then Saturday we were just vegetables around the pool! So so lazy. I was very careful with the suncream and so didn't get too burnt.
Then Saturday night we got a curry delivery... I'm starting to get a good collection of take-away numbers on my phone now... We have an office opening party in September and I'll never fit in my dress. I also tried to stain my nails with henna paste. Now that I read that bad, I can see that this is a bad idea... but I was just blided by my enthusiam and optimism. Sadly the result is such an awful mess that I can't even bare to post a picture here... I will be wearing nailpolish until it grows out!!
On Sunday, Lara & I went to the Speke Resort at Munyonyo for a girlie day. I've never been there before, and it's quite something. They have lots of restaurants, a huge pools and gym, a marina and stables! Everyone drives around in golf carts. It's feels a bit like an exculsive celebrity rehad facility. We took a horse ride down to Lake Victoria and it was brilliant!
The horses were in excellent condition and the ride was very eventful. We rode along a main road with cars and bodas tooting at us! The horses weren't even bothered, but it was strange for me as a rider to experiance other road-users having so little respect for the horses. Certainly not like in the UK!
At Lake Victoria
After that we hung out at the sauna and spa and by the pool... as all this lazing around suggests, you can expect a BIG knitting update tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment